High Counry Search
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
About Us: Our client is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with over 1,000 wells in operation in Texas. We are dedicated to delivering value through responsible energy production.
Job Description: Under the direction of the Revenue Manager, the Revenue Accountant's primary responsibility will be to process revenues and apply severance taxes related to operated and non-operated revenues and prepare related revenue accruals and cash entries. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Applying revenue deductions based on contracts for gathering, compression, transportation, and other post-production costs.
- Reviewing division of interest changes.
- Processing owner suspense reallocations received from Land Department.
- Reconciling relevant general ledger accounts.
Monthly Revenue Processes and Reporting:
- Assist with monthly revenue close and distribution process related to operated revenues.
- Accurately record volumes, dollars, deductions, and severance taxes of revenue receipts for Texas assets in Bolo accounting system.
- Monthly reconciliation of oil and gas general ledger accounts.
- Process owner suspense reallocations received from Land Department.
- Prepare monthly revenue accrual, compare to actual, analyze/explain significant differences.
- Reconcile product prices, revenue deductions/rates, and production tax rates to marketing contracts.
- Prepare monthly pricing analysis.
- Perform monthly volume & value trend analysis and provide explanation for exceptions.
- Prepare miscellaneous monthly revenue journal vouchers.
Tax and regulatory reporting and filings for Texas (Back-up):
- Prepare and file monthly tax reports.
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes and royalties.
- Ensure timely governmental filings and reporting.
- Verify that all tax incentives have been applied for and are being used.
- Assist with severance tax audits.
- Assist with other revenue audits as necessary and provide information as requested.
Process Non-Op revenue and accruals.
Prepare monthly gas nominations.
Provide accurate reports and analyses.
Reconcile gas imbalances and cash outs.
Assist with joint venture projects.
Perform special projects as required.
Interface with other departments in preparation of various reports and analysis.
Understand overall areas of responsibility and recommend changes to procedures and processes as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of five years of oil and gas accounting experience required.
- Revenue oil and gas experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Commitment to the clients expectations and core values.
- Computer skills:
- Moderate Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills (lookups, sumifs, pivot tables).
- Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Bolo accounting software highly desirable.
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills; hands-on experience with general ledger reconciliations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others in a team environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Clear and concise verbal and writing ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform research and formulate recommendations, as applicable.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Estimated pay range: $90,000 – $105,000 (depending upon experience of the successful candidate).
- Eligible for short- and long-term incentives.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability coverage.
- Basic life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Hybrid work-from-home schedule available.
- 9/80 work schedule.