HR Benefits & Leave Specialist
High Counry Search
Human Resources Benefits Specialist
Summary: High Country is working with a construction company who is hiring a HR Benefits and Leave Specialist in the Northeast side of Denver (near I-70 and Havana). This is a direct hire position, and the salary is up to $80,000/annually depending on experience.
Your Responsibilities as the Benefits Specialist:
- Manage and handle requests for leaves and accommodations, with a focus on those falling under the FMLA, ADA, and Colorado Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) i.e. collect and finalize necessary documents, assess eligibility for leave, identify/categorize leave as FAMLI or FMLA, initiate medical verification requests as needed, and monitor/oversee the utilization of sporadic and adjusted schedule leaves.
- Manage the return-to-work process for employees coming back from FMLA-FAMLI, workers’ compensation, or other leaves.
- Provide reports on the status of benefit premium for employees on leave.
- Manage the discontinuation of benefits and re-enrollment based on leave schedules and previous premiums.
- Ensure compliance with state and local leave laws, and navigate through short-term or long-term disability plans.
- Ensure effective communication on leave, to support a seamless and timely return to work.
- Provide support in the company benefits and contribute to the administration of benefits.
- Manage additional company time-off programs, including PTO and HFWA (The Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act), following internal policies and relevant laws.
- Provide guidance to employees as well as managers regarding the intersection of leave laws with workers’ compensation, short-term and long-term disability benefits and PTO.
- Uphold comprehensive and precise documentation of leave and accommodation requests, adhering to specific legal requirements and safeguard the confidentiality of employee medical documents/files.
- Assist Payroll and Benefit team with open enrollment, including on site project visits.
- Assist with in-house payroll audits and manage specific payroll processing functions for over 1400 employees using Viewpoint and Great Plains.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by FMLA, ADA, Colorado FAMLI and other applicable laws.
- 3 years in HR Benefits/Leave minimum.
- A drug test upon first day of hire is required. Random drug tests are required. THC included.
- You are able to travel to local locations.
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration.
- Prior experience working in Great Plains and/or ViewPoint.
- Bachelors degree in HR or related field.
- $70,000 – $95,000 base salary depending on experience, certifications, and degree(s)
- Enjoy an Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) bonus eligibility up to 3%
- Have the work-life balance perk of a hybrid schedule and flexible hours
- Build upon your future with a 401 (k) plan, where your contributions are matched at 4%
- Health care premium coverage of 80% at the company’s expense
- Dental and vision insurance
- Celebrate holidays and personal days with paid holidays, three weeks of paid time off, and sick time
- Access to short-term and long-term disability insurance