Senior Tax Professional
High Counry Search
Unique Opportunity with Denver’s Premier Boutique Tax Firm
This position requires someone with strong oil and gas and partnership experience. Experience with oil & gas and alternative investments taxation is a plus. You will perform tax services for private equity firms, partnerships, and/or LLCs that invest in various types of entities.
The founder and President of the firm is looking for 2 potential hires at levels ranging from Senior to Experienced Manager. Their clientele is of the highest caliber and is tied to the firm for generations to come. In fact, they’re about to start a USD $400M real estate transaction.
- Understanding clients’ short and long range business and professional goals and objectives
- Assist in structuring business investments, charitable planning and private foundations
- Help clients to understand their tax liabilities and risks
- Address complex relationships among private business enterprise, its owners, family offices, and employees
- Help private companies and their owners evaluate the potential tax consequences of various business and personal wealth decisions, keeping tax, business and personal objectives in mind
- Advise on changes in the tax and economic climate, and help resolve disputes with tax authorities.
- Responsible for reviewing work prepared by client personnel
- Preparing and or reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for high net worth individuals, gift, S corporations, partnerships, trusts and foundations
- Preparing and reviewing income tax projections to determine quarterly tax payments and to address certain life events (e.g., selling a business, divorce, etc.).
- Closely monitoring recent tax legislation and how the law affects each client
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred in accounting, taxation or related field
- 5 to 20 years technical tax experience in public accounting or related field
- CPA is preferred
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in a broad range of tax matters in various industries, including partnerships accounting, brokerage accounts, and alternative investments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills.